Edit name servers in the domain management area. If you're buying domain and web hosting from a single provider, like Hostgator, then the domain name automatically has a corresponding host.
But if you buy a domain (from name.com) & host (hostgator) from different providers, then you have to replace the server names in domain (host.com) with the server names of Hostgator in order for your site to work..
* Login to the domain registration site on which you've registered your domain
* Once you are signed in, search for your domain and click on it
* You can see your default name server. Click on the "edit name servers" option
* Remove the default name server one by one
* Enter the new name server that is the server name of your host provider and click on add
Save 20% on everything in the Gadget Hacks shop this Cyber Monday with coupon code CMSAVE20. Apps and software in the store have even bigger savings with code CMSAVE40. And for the largest discounts, check out the online courses for 70% off with CMSAVE70. Don’t know what to get? We can help: