Edit name servers in the domain management area. If you're buying domain and web hosting from a single provider, like Hostgator, then the domain name automatically has a corresponding host.
But if you buy a domain (from name.com) & host (hostgator) from different providers, then you have to replace the server names in domain (host.com) with the server names of Hostgator in order for your site to work..
* Login to the domain registration site on which you've registered your domain
* Once you are signed in, search for your domain and click on it
* You can see your default name server. Click on the "edit name servers" option
* Remove the default name server one by one
* Enter the new name server that is the server name of your host provider and click on add
Keep Your Connection Secure Without a Monthly Bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix without regional restrictions, increase security when browsing on public networks, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out: